John Flanagan

Default Filters for aluminum gas welding WAS: Why do auto darken hoods say no use for gas welding?

On Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:11:50 -0500, Don Foreman
wrote:

I'll vouch for the tinman filters. They made a huge difference for
me in gas welding aluminum. I now strongly prefer gas over TIG for
welding or brazing aluminum from .060 thick down to .005 or so.

Why do you say you prefer gas over tig? I've got a bunch of aluminum
boxes to make out of .060" material and was going to tig the corners.

Thanks,

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.