Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
Robert Sturgeon

Default Winchester Rifle

On 19 Jan 2006 10:14:36 -0800, "rigger"

What else did anyone expect? Fabrique Nationale would have been
stupid to keep on both Winchester and Browning as subsidiaries to
compete for the hunting-rifle/shotgun market in America in the
saturated gun market! So - like General Motors eventually deciding to
no longer have Olds compete with Buick - one had to go. You could have
seen this coming long ago.

In my opinion, as far as guns in the United States, they made a mistake
and kept the afterbirth and threw out the baby.

Well, sometimes that happens in business. So? If I want an
accurate, reliable bolt action rifle, am I soon to be unable
to buy one? If I want a reliable, sturdy, compact lever
action rifle, am I soon to be unable to buy one? If I want
to buy a good pump action or semi-auto shotgun, am I soon to
be unable to buy one? No on all counts. I may not be able
to buy a WINCHESTER firearm, but otherwise the choices
available to me will still be quite enough.

I am also a little sad to see the possible end of the
Winchester line of firearms, but there are a LOT of brands
of firearms still for sale, and a LOT that have ceased
production. That's the way business goes. Perhaps we
should preserve old brands and prevent new brands, so we can
all be comfortable with the brands we buy. No Rugers, no
Thompson/Centers, no... No, I don't think so.

--
Robert Sturgeon
Summum ius summa inuria.