Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Alistair J Murray

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

John Wright wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:06:20 -0000, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:
"Alistair J Murray" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not, I drive a car optimised for carrying four people rapidly
across large distances, of course it's much more comfortable than
a city shopping car.

I'm sure it is. The Prius, being only slightly smaller than a Camry
is brill for that too.

It is - its actually rated as a five seater and people have said that
when the driving seat is adjusted for 6'2" plus drivers there is
still plenty of leg room in the back

My car is equipped with five 3-point seatbelts but the rear seat is
shaped to accommodate two in huge comfort. It is also near silent and
free of vibration, even at very high speeds, allowing passengers to
converse without raising their voices and reducing fatigue

On a recent journey through Germany I averaged ~140mph.

Why?

Too much traffic to sustain 165mph.

I see no purpose in unnecessarily extending the time spent on the road
when it could be spent drinking cold beer in good company at journey's end.