Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
NaN

Default Crack in the basement wall

Student wrote:
"NaN" wrote in message

They are all fixed by injection of epoxy. They first drill holes along the
cracks, and then insert in some nails that are empty in center (kind like
tubes). Then they toast along the crack and clean it. Then epoxy were
injected through the nails.

Do you recall if they used a caulking gun or some other device for
injection?

No. Not caulking gun. It was a special gun. The tip is a needle that can
insert into the nails.

They all provide with 10 year warranty. The oldest fix is 5 years now. So
far so good. I would prefer an outside fix. But builder would only pay for
the epoxy fixes ($300/crack).

Thanks for sharing this. I wouldn't worry about a 1/8" crack, however, the
water is seeping in through that crack whenever it rains heavily, so I need
to fix this. Got a decision to make...

We had water near the first crack the 2nd year (2001) we moved into the
new house. Builder sent a contractor for epoxy fix. We got water again
on the 3rd year. The contractor sent by the builder told us to look
along the perimeter of the top of the concrete wall, as cracks always go
from top down (walls are covered by insulation so all cracks are covered).

So we checked that before we finished the basement, and found another
crack, which was fixed by the 3rd contractor sent by the builder.