Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex

Default Suggestions on cutting energy bill --

Hi --

Thanks for the input and the link, but though the website you linked to
has some great info, why do they want $24.95 to get their PDF? Also is
there such a thing as a "Certified Dryer Exhaust Technician"? Sounds
like a scam to me...

I agree with you that possibly leaving the laundry room door closed
might not be such a good idea, but in no place I've lived have I ever
had a full load of clothes dry in 30-45 minutes. Maybe a pair of jeans
and a few shirts or some towels, but never an entire load. My dryer is
about 5 years old and takes about 60 minutes for a full load (4-5 pairs
of jeans, 4-5 shirts, and maybe some shorts mixed in).

I'll check my dryer vent this weekend, but with the amount of lent it
throws out into my back yard plus the steamy air that comes out on cold
days I doubt it's clogged to much if any.

Thanks for the info --

Sam