Posted to alt.machines.cnc,rec.crafts.metalworking,misc.survivalism
rigger

Default Winchester Rifle

kurgan wrote:
rigger wrote:
Robert Sturgeon offers his opinion:

Other than the loss of the iconic brand name, what is there

to lament? It's not as if we are going to be short of
quality firearms to buy. Even in the classic .30-30 lever
action rifle category, the Winchester is inferior to the
Marlin. Besides, I'd be surprised if no one buys the rights
to the name -- perhaps Uberti/Beretta.

Your opinion, your money, your choice. Others may not and do not
agree.

Thanks to FN our future generations won't have the choices we had.

We can buy more **** than ever before. Our problem isn't lack of
choice. If anything, we have too many choices and are able to consume
too much - certainly much more than we really "need".

Our country consumes 20% of the world's resources. Look at how much
garbage each and every one of us generates every week.

Winchester out of business? Good riddance. Gun consumers were clearly
opting for better products from more modern producers.

Again, your dime/your opinion.

On the other hand many Winchester owners will disagree.

Bet you're glad you didn't loose YOUR job or suffer some
other financial loss because of the closing.
What would you say if it had been YOUR favorite maker?

What does all this have to do with garbage? Are you trying to
say Winchester rifles are garbage? If so: How rude!

dennis
in nca