Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dual fluorescent fitting - help please

Adrian Brentnall wrote:
HI All

Another weird thing.... g
I 'won' a couple of double fluorescent fittings - probably 2ft tubes -
a pair of them.

They seem to share a common ballast - but each tube has its own
separate starter.

When switched on, only one tube strikes.
With the other one I can see the heaters on - but it won't strike.
If, after the first tube has struck I remove the starter from the
'dead' tube, it will then light - but won't light from cold.

Swapping the starters makes the fault move from tube to tube.
Swapping a starter from a working 4ft single unit into the fault
starter position doesn't improve the situation.
The 'faulty' starter works fine on the 4ft single unit.

I'm confused !

Are there different types of starters - or is there likely to be a
fault on the twin ballast ?

Any suggestions (apart from 'go buy a new unit !)

Thanks
Adrian - Suffolk UK
======return email munged=================
take out the papers and the trash to reply

you've got the wrong type of starter in it. 50p and you're done.

NT