Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Doctor Drivel

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

"Capitol" wrote in message

John Wright wrote:
I'm not, I drive a car optimised for carrying four people rapidly across
large distances, of course it's much more comfortable than a city
shopping car.

I'm sure it is. The Prius, being only slightly smaller than a Camry is
brill for that too.

It is - its actually rated as a five seater and people have said that
when the driving seat is adjusted for 6'2" plus drivers there is still
plenty of leg room in the back

So, we have a town car unsuitable for towns because it is too large

I suppose most of the cars out there are too large then. He goes on...

(and with crap rear visibility)

Not so. Again he rants....

and a town car unsuitable for long distances because it has very poor
lateral stability

He just made that up...and on again....

and inadequate luggage space.

more making upness....

When you change the tyres for ones which have some grip in the wet, the
fuel economy falls.

To 3 mpg? ...he babbles on.....

It also stops entirely when it snows.( The motor is cut off to prevent
overheating of the transmission if the wheels slip--apparently it's a
"design feature".)

Slipping wheels make a car dig in....the drivel continues....

The 5 people, I presume is for two adults and three children with next to
no luggage?

Nope 5 adults and lots of luggage. He fantasises again...

Sounds like an overgrown Fiesta/Corsa
(also rated for 5 people).

Is the Corsa the size of a Camry? He thibnks so...he goes on....

Having seen the product,

In pictures.

I would describe it as an overpriced minority purchase, probably not as
visually attractive as an Aga.

A Philistine as well....he dreams on...

I wonder if they sell more Agas than Priusi?

He asks odd condfused questions now....

I see that the transaxles are beginning to fail in the US and these do not
appear to be under warranty.

More fantasy. Sad but true.