Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Concrete Slab Cost

"Zzyzx" wrote in message
I'm very curious how much it cost my builder to pour a slab. The reason
I'm
curious is that they had to demolition it because they put it in the wrong
spot. I have heard that concrete has gone through the roof, so I don't
understand the carelessness.

The slab size has a 54'x58' footprint and has a depth of 11'. It looks
like
a wedge, so it starts off at about 3' at the front of the house and
continues to the back of the house where it is 11'. Just a ballpark
estimate
will do.

Building a skyscraper? Why do you need the slab 11 feet deep? Hoover dam
is not much thicker.

Careless errors happen no matter the cost. Could be a $5 item or a Hubble
telescope. I know one guy that order things in feet using the ' symbol when
he meant inches and the " symbol. Boy, did he feel stupid afterwards.