Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill Kearney

Default Verizon FiOS Service

did they warn you the upgrade was a one way thing?

I am scheduled for the end of the month in pittsburgh, they said once
you go fibre for DSL you CANT EVER go back!

They tried pulling this stunt initially. You DO NOT have to let them remove
your copper lines. If you do then you'll have to pay to have new ones put
back up again. DO NOT let them take down the copper lines, nothing,
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, requires the copper lines to be removed. This is all a
scam by Verizon to trap you into using their unregulated fiber services.
That is, the fiber plant is not under the same restrictions as copper
wiring. Verizon doesn't have to abide by the same cooperative rules with
the fiber as they do with the copper. With shared wiring there's
competition. With Verizon having played this little game with the FCC
they're effectively stifling innovation and competition. And by yanking
down the copper they truly trap you.

DO NOT let them remove your copper lines.

Me personally, I'd rather sell children into slavery than give those
*******s any money whatsoever. Thus I've got speakeasy DSL and DirecTV.