Posted to alt.home.repair
Melissa

Default Lamp post emergency

The problem isn't a short in the line. Actually, the lamp is working
perfectly well, although it is laying on the ground. The problem is
that the lamp post, in King James English, is "rent in twain." The
problem with digging up the stub is that it is two feet down and
surrounded by an unknown quantity of concrete, which may, if people
weren't careful, have a wire cable buried in it. I am not sure I can
get it up by myself, although odd visions of pulleys and automobiles
are dancing in my head. I've called a couple of electricians and been
told that they don't do things like this. Somebody must, but I'm not
sure who.