Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH

Default Well Odors....tired of Chlorox!

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
Hiya,
I'm on well water and every 6 months or so, I get odors coming from
the water. I believe it's Iron bacteria (or something to that
effect). Anyway, I usually do a treatment by pouring a measured
amount of chlorox down the well to shock the system. Unfortunately,
this ends up with clorine odors in the house for weeks (I don't purge
the system after adding the chlorox.....we're in severe drought here
and I don't want to waste the water....unfortunately, the side affect
is a stopped septic system). Are there any systems available such
as RODI etc... that I could install to eliminate this?

I've got a
water softener that I've never used (came with the house) but don't
think that would help much.

Try it, they will reduce iron too.

--
dadiOH