Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default CRT Monitor with weird random colors

Hi,
I 've got a Samtron 78E 17" CRT monitor standing around here. The only
thing it does is faintly displaying random color gradients.
I've uploaded a picture he
http://img297.imageshack.us/my.php?image=monitor7zj.jpg
Can someone tell me where I need to be searching for this kind of
problems? I've already checked the components visually, non of them
appear to be burned out or anything, and I've redone all the soldering
joints. All to no avail, the image on screen remained identical.
Of course I also tried resetting it to factory default settings before
opening it up. The behaviour also isn't caused bij the graphics card,
as it does the same wheter it's plugged in (in several computers) or
with the d-sub hanging loose.
Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Jindrich