Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook

Default Diamond dresser question

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:28:06 -0500, "Al A."
wrote:

Wayne Cook wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 20:23:16 -0800, "Harold and Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Al A." wrote in message
snip----

I think we've had this discussion before but I thought I'd put a
word in on the best dresser I've ever used for a wheel being used to
grind tools offhand. The one I used was made by KO Lee and for a while
MSC didn't have anything similar. But it appears that they now handle
one just like it made by Desmond. You can see it here.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...PMT4NO=4050604

I've never used anything that will leave as sharp a wheel but still
be a smooth and true as one of these and I've used diamond, silicon

snip

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm

Wayne,
Is that a grinding wheel in the dresser? Don't they use something like
that to dress wheels on surface grinders and such?

I believe they make something similar called a brake controlled
dresser for surface grinders. These don't have brakes on them but
instead angle the grinding wheel for a scuffing action.