Frank Watson

Default How to make one CH radiator come on and off at set times

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:14:22 +0100, "dave @ stejonda"
wrote:

what's wrong with just turning said radiator on/off by hand when you
need it? or is your bathroom so large that it takes a long time to warm
up? - if so getting a wall-mounted electric fan heater would be simpler

It's only a small bathroom - actually a shower-room. From experience,
I know that turning the rad on by hand when I enter the room to take a
shower, the room will not be comfortably warm by the time one has
finished one's shower. Fitting a larger-than-necessary radiator would
speed up the warming of the room. If all else fails, I might have to
resort to that idea. I'm not keen on the idea of an electric fan
heater ( I sense danger, breached safety regulations, and high running
cost) but thanks for the suggestion.

the bathroom radiator is often used as a by-pass circuit ( I think
that's the right term but if not someone will correct me) for the boiler
- if it is on your system then AIUI you shouldn't set a valve to block
it off at all.

Good comment - but my boiler does have a built-in pressure-operated
by-pass.

Frank