Posted to misc.consumers.house
DT

Default What is typical method of holding counter top to kitchen cabinet?

In article om,
says...

We are to have granite installed in our 8 year old kitchen. Our
present counter top is formica with wood trim. For the life of me, I
can't see what is holding the counter top to the Merillat solid hickory
cabinets. I am looking under the cabinet at the particle board
substrate and see no fasteners. In pulling up on the top it is obvious
that something is holding the top onto the cabinets very well and
evenly across the length. I would like to remove the top myself since
the cost for the installer to do it is between $600 & $700.

What do you believe is used to attach the top to the cabinets?

Well, my Corian countertops are held down with silicone adhesive every few
inches. But most particle board tops would use fasteners run in from underneath
in the very corners of each cabinet. They go through the corner braces.

Dennis