Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Can I cast my own concrete retaining wall?

"Tony Sinclair" wrote in message

I didn't even know I needed a mixer. I thought that if the form is
only 1 foot deep, I can mix it right in the form with a metal rod. Is
that stupid?

Yes.

There is no way you will mix it in the form. Mix it in a wheelbarrow and
then dump it. Or in a trough and shovel it into the form.

Before you invest heavily into this, make a small form. Buy a bag of the
pre-mixed stuff and give it a go. Once you realized the weight of it and
the amount of turning over needed, you will start looking for a better
method.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/