Posted to alt.home.repair
Shiba

Default Help, trying to sell and I feel like there's a rat....

UPDATE 1/18: Well, as expected, the buyer is backing out. Fine by
me...The woman sounded like a basket case anyway, so it is for the
better. I'm irritated about the inspection though. It's apparent to
me that the guy really didn't know what he was doing. I swore that I
wouldn't do it unless I absolutely had to but.......I ventured down
into the crawl space for the first time last weekend. That's just
something us girls don't like to do So after I got cozy with the
resident spiders, I crawled around to put eyes on the problems that
this inspector supposedly found. I did find some large electrical
wires that had been incorrectly spliced together, a hazard. They were
underneath the remodel jetted tub. I know that the prior homeowner did
that job himself. I ended up hiring an electrician to put the wires in
junction boxes, so it is not an issue at the next inspection. I also
went to see where all of this "insulation" was that had come loose and
was hanging...that I was told should be taken down. Upon closer
inspection, it was apparent that this "insulation" had been tacked up
around the interior of the foundation only, with plastic covering the
floor, and that it had been deliberately placed there, not just
"hanging". Upon closer inspection, I find that it is vapor block!
and that it is SUPPOSED to be there since it is protecting the house!

Now there are two new offers on the table. I accepted one where they
are paying all closing costs and are paying me above my asking price.
It's a really clean offer, 5K earnest money and their financing is
ready to go. Inspection is on Friday....