Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Sinclair

Default Can I cast my own concrete retaining wall?

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 01:00:42 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I suggest you need a local professional to take a look at your lot and
plan. Retaining walls, especially when built on unstable ground tend to be
unstable. You need a good well engineered design first. You will also
likely need to meet some sort of local zoning and building requirements as
well as need permit, especially since it is near the property line.

Yes, it will be right on the property line, so I need to see about a
permit. As for the stability, I think the ground is pretty stable. I
live in a double wide mobile home, and they are pretty sensitive to
the ground shifting. No problems in seven years so far. As I said in
another post, the climate is moderate and there is zero clay in the
soil.