Posted to ba.consumers,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair
Gene S. Berkowitz

Default Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! -- More info

In article .com,
says...
I have exactly the the model (FTW445GES1) showing the same problem.
Also when I press the door, the wash machine starts to work.
Today a repair man came and quoted $270 to replace the door lock
assembly.
I could not decide whether it was a good idea to pay for the amount.
I am now contemplating whether to have it repaired or buy a new one.

I would appreciate what happened to your wash machine afterwards. Has
it been repaired and how much was the cost?

SK

The door lock assembly for your washer (or one like it) is $70 he
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=820920

--Gene