Posted to rec.woodworking
klaatu

Default question about ripping

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:21:40 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

klaatu wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 00:59:54 GMT, Rudy Fichtenbaum
wrote:

Whenever I rip boards on my table saw the piece between the blade and
the fence is perfectly smooth but the piece on the outside of the blade
is always rough. I check the alignment of my saw blade and the fence
alignment and both are dead on. Does anyone have any idea about what
causes this problem and what I can do to fix it?

Rudy, Do you have a General saw? If so that could be the problem.

How the heck could having a General be the problem?

Chris

Chris, I have a General contractor saw 50-185L M1.
The arbor bracket pn 50175 is not machined corrrectly.
The bearing holes and pivot hole are not parrallel. So the
blade goes out of allignment when raising or lowering.
If the blade is in allignment when set at 1" depth of cut, it will
angle over to left at 3" depth of cut. If Rudy has the same condition
the back of the blade will cut on the back side and give the described
rough cut.