Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Lamb

Default Coffeepot temperature

rigger wrote:

I'll put it another way so you can disagree with me as needed.
The helmet laws may, in part, be due to insurance lobbies (money
greases the wheels, right) but the deciding factor is always votes
because the payoff for staying in office is what it's all about.
Motorcyclists don't have enough "pull" and the politicians think they
look good by picking at this issue and feel they gain more votes than
they lose. If this was your point I obviously agree.

dennis
in nca

Didn't work out that way here is Texas.
I guess we have bigger bikers...

If you are over 21 and have medical insurance (!?)
you can chose to wear a helmet or not.

Now me, I wear one. I don't know if that's because I've
had enough trama to the head to learn better, or haven't
had enough yet to not care.

Richard