Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Müller

Default Which collet size ER32 or ER40 ???

TMN wrote:

To me the ER32 represents a good useable range in the RF30 clone and I
hope to aquire a ER32 chuck for my lathe so I can use them there as well.

I have ER32 on my mill. Sometimes, the holder gets in the way. I would
not like to have a ER40. For the work _I_ do.

Is it possible/viable to have shanks ground down ??

Doable, but not reasonable. You would add flex.
Aren't there different toolholders available? Like universal mill
holders with 12/16/23mm shaft.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models