Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grunff

Default How do I know it's Argon filled glass?

Fatboise wrote:
When the windows were installed in my new house all the the windows came
with a sticker advertising that they were argon filled which is what I
ordered and cost more. All the windows except a window at the front of
the house that needed supports to be put in before the joiners could
come back and measure up. When the new window arrived I noticed that
there was no "argon" stickers on the glass. Is there any way of telling
what the gap is filled with, I assume if I ask the company who made them
they'll say it's whatever I ordered??

Given some time in the lab, you could probably do it by measuring the
speed of sound through that window compared with a known argon-filled
identical window.

However, it's not worth doing, because argon fill makes only the tiniest
difference in terms of window performance anyway.

--
Grunff