Posted to ba.consumers,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! -- Moreinfo

Installing that switch is a real bear. An average homeowner would look
in there and say it's impossible, and they'd be almost right.

Q (ex appliance tech)

Rich256 wrote:
That seems expensive. Almost half the price of a new machine.
The assembly costs about $70 but it might be just the catch.

If I couldn't fix it myself I would go for a new one.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have exactly the the model (FTW445GES1) showing the same problem.
Also when I press the door, the wash machine starts to work.
Today a repair man came and quoted $270 to replace the door lock
assembly.
I could not decide whether it was a good idea to pay for the amount.
I am now contemplating whether to have it repaired or buy a new one.

I would appreciate what happened to your wash machine afterwards. Has
it been repaired and how much was the cost?

SK