Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

Default Suggestions on cutting energy bill --

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:56:13 GMT, "Jeff" wrote:

Sounds like you are doing a lot. Consumer reports just said that a dish
washer uses much less water (which is hot water) than hand washing so maybe
you want to keep using it.

Real problem is our politicians and electric companies went in big for gas
powered power plants in the 90's.

They built one of those here (East Texas). The electricity where I
live actually comes from coal.

Gee now there is a gas shortage (helped
by Katrina). Assume much of your elec power is gas generated. Thankfully
here in Virginia ours is mostly coal and nuclear. Course my heat's gas so
I'm paying more too.

I'm afraid we are going to see alot more of this in the future.

[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com