Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
n cook

Default Marshall 4140 Amp question

Peter Wieck wrote in message
oups.com...
I will check a couple of my amps tonight and see what the primary
_resistance_ is on the output transformers. One uses a pair of EL-34s
each channel, the other a pair of 6550s each channel. They are
audio-amps, not guitar amps, but the readings should be similar....

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Probably doesn't have any shorted turns and is OK.
I put a 1KHz AC LCR meter on the coils and it comes out to 32 Henries for
each half.
I wonder what guage of wire to give only 15 ohms for all those turns.