Posted to sci.electronics.repair
frankg

Default static

what can I do to get rid of static?

I have a new digital slr that accumulates a terrible amount of dust on the
sensor. I have followed a number of threads on the subject and it seems that
this particular model has a particularly problematic static and dust issue
apparently due to the amount of charge and the size of the sensor. Cleaning
the sensor (there are "special" tools) is also not too successful probably
also due to the dry & heated indoor environment. What would be effective to
reduce the static in the environment ( a steamy bathroom probably isnt good
for the camera :-) and what can I do to the camera ? For those of you old
enough to remember LP records there was a gizmo called a 'zerostat' which
looked like a handgun and a couple of zaps was supposed to gdischarge any
static on the surface.

Frank

--
=========