Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default How long does it take?

Darrell Feltmate wrote:
Now there is a question I get a lot at wood shows. "How long does it take to
turn a bowl like that?" So what kind of an answer do you give? A couple of
hours? Three or four? I turn rough and let dry so some may take a couple of
months and some a couple of years until I get around to finish turning. Have
they taken months, years, or 2-3 hours?

I'm not a turner, but isn't the price you set roughly equivalent to
your effort in making the product? So if the bowl is $200, and you
think you're worth $40/hour... I would say "It took me 5 hours to
make, but 20 years to learn how to make it".