Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default 45 degree mitre crosscut jig/sled?

"jtpr" wrote in message
This is what I'm attempting to reproduce:

http://westcreekstudio.com/pages/fre...ing_chest.html

FWIW, that fairly screams "DOVETAIL" for the casework joinery!!

A mitered corner would be one of my last choices, but is doable with splines
and would look quite nice. I am wondering why you are reluctant to cut the
45 degree miters on your table saw?. This is basically why they "tilt".

BTW, now that we can see the idea, 8' would probably be sufficient for the
material for the top and two sides. When you said "box", that usually means
four sides, which, given your posted dimensions, added up to more than 96",
IIRC ... thus the recommendation to go at least 9'.

Good luck ... it will be a gorgeous project.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05