Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
henning wright

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

Sorry to be picking on details, but the chemistry teacher in me , canīt
resist it. Acetylene has a tripple bond between the carbons, not a double
bond. The tripple is what makes it so reactive. Each of those bonds are
relatively weak and so prone to break.
As for the O/A explosions, my chimistry teacher in high school did it
with a glass beaker wrapped in a towel. One heck of a bang and the beaker
was just dust.
Henning

Don Bruder wrote in
:

(Note 1/ASCII art)
An acetylene (C2H2) molecule - Each "/", and "\" is a molecular bond,
the "=" is the double-bond. C is a carbon atom, H is a hydrogen atom:

H H
\ /
C=C
/ \