Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gus

Default OT - The Cost of War

Koz wrote:

As screaming liberal commie, I do have to point out that it's not just
the republicans....both sides are feeding at the pig trough.

What needs to happen is elimination of all money in the form of
donations, gifts, perks, etc that come from ANY source that does not
have a legal vote in the USA. That includes Unions as well as
corporations and charitable organizations. If you can't vote, you can't
influence the voting process. Corporations are NOT and should not be
considered the same as individuals with rights. They are bestowed the
ability to operate as a legal entity for tax purposes and business
operations, but should not treated like an invented person with deep
pockets.

Following that, it would be nice (but probably not legal due to
donations being considered the same as free speech) to limit individual
contributions to a specific maximum amount.

The real cheeser to me is campaining for re-election while holding
office. We continue to pay these people...and they even adjust all the
government schedules....while they campain to get back in. There is
inherent influence while still holding office. You get all sorts of
perks that help you get re-elected like free mail, the president gets
the use of a private plane at super discount rates (which is like a
flying billboard), you get on TV more easily because you are already in
office, etc. basically, the Govt shuts down for 6+ months while we pay
these guys to get re-elected. Wouldn't you like to keep getting your
paycheck for 6 or 8 months while you spent all your time looking for a job?

I am not for term limits because that would eliminate the possibilities
for someone REALLY good to keep doing the job (few and far between).
What I would support is requiring terms to be non-consecutive. You can
come back, just not because you are already there. You can't waste my
time and money trying to get re-elected when you should be working. You
have to earn it back just like the new kid on the block running for the
first time.

Koz

As a holy-rolling fundamentalist winger, I pretty much agree with the
above.
GW