Doug Goncz

Default Quantum Mechanics and Self-Replicating Machines

From: Bert
Newsgroups: rec.crafts.metalworking

the space program has a history of inspiring
technological advances and innovations that have subsequently resulted
in incredible and unforeseen positive impacts on other arenas of human
endeavor.

Like the Velcro in my "service occupation" shoes from Payless.

And when things go wrong in the space program, there are usually few massive
environmental consequences, unlike Exxon Valdez. But people do give their lives
in this field. Not just the astronauts, either. Wasn't there a big explosion at
the Shuttle booster plant? I assume someone got hurt in that.

Maybe all I need is a CAD program that can simulate manual control of a machine
tool, knowing its parts and constraints, according to a program like NC. Then I
can manually select a part, copy it, chuck it up, and see if it is in the work
envelope, one by one, without leaving the keyboard and mouse. Do any of you
know of a CAD program that can do that? Simulate ways, leadscrews, gibs, and
chucks, but not actual cutting?

Yours,

Doug Goncz
Replikon Research (via aol.com)