Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geo

Default Replacing fuses with MCB's

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006 15:58:51 +0000, John Rumm
wrote:

Geo wrote:

So I can still do /some/ re-wiring affecting the kitchen, bathroom...

Not quite sure how you arrive at that statement from my comment about
fuses... ;-)

I take it you are refering to Part Pee rather than the wiring regs
(BS7671)...

Regarding part P, you can do any rewiring you like in any location. You
can also do it legally if you are prepared to involve building control
at the relevant times.

Referring to re-wiring my fuses - there is a wee card with the spare wire
wrapped round it on top of the fuse-box. Only used it 30 years ago when some
idiot turned on too many lights while the (750w) infrared bathroom dimplex was
switched on :-)

Geo