Posted to alt.home.repair
chris jung

Default Oh my aching back!

Hi,
I'm a homeowner and I'm doing some work on my floor (Short synopsis of my
project: squeaky floor (sub floor is 1/2" ply, over that tongue & groove
oak). The downstairs ceiling is finished and I don't have access to the
floor from below. I'm putting in some Squeek-No-More screws to see if that
will help and will also put in some countersunk dry wall screws with wooden
plugs in strategic locations). I'm doing this project a little at a time (5
to 10 screws per day) but it's killing my back. Last summer I spend several
weeks removing staples & nails after ripping out 30 year old carpeting from
our downstairs oak floor (three rooms and a hallway) without any problem.
But I strained my back a little a week ago and working on the floor is
aggravating it. Any hints on how to sit / kneel / hold the tools to reduce
the strain?

Chris