Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair
n cook

Default Marshall 4140 Amp question

Peter Wieck wrote in message
oups.com...
I will check a couple of my amps tonight and see what the primary
_resistance_ is on the output transformers. One uses a pair of EL-34s
each channel, the other a pair of 6550s each channel. They are
audio-amps, not guitar amps, but the readings should be similar....

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Yes, thanks. The only ones I've got lying around are small low wattage radio
receiver type ones with range of 600 to 800 ohms on high voltage side. I
could not find anything googling. It had obviously been overdriven as
charred but functional gate resistors.