DejaVU

Default What lathe must I get to duplicate this fog horn part?

Ed Huntress scribed in
:

"DejaVU" wrote in message
are lathed, and only the 6 inner ribs hold the rest together.
On the

^^^^^^^
crumbs, I thought only my 6 year old son said that!
the term is 'turned' in a lathe. lathe is a noun....

It's also a transitive verb, although we very rarely hear it used
that way in metalworking. It was used more often in the early part
of the last century to refer to decorative turned woodwork.

Thanks Ed. I grew up speaking English every day, and still do, and
'lathed' just sounds wrong, and I have never seen it used anywhere
except by my 6 year old son who invented it because he didn't know
the correct term (but I told him straight away...)

swarf, steam and wind

--
David Forsyth -:- the email address is real /"\
http://terrapin.ru.ac.za/~iwdf/welcome.html \ /