Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman

Default Panel for kitchen cabinet doors

"todd" wrote in message
I'm in the process of building kitchen cabinets. I'm at the stage of
building doors and have a problem. I'm using a frame and panel design for
the door. The panel was intended to be 1/4" maple plywood. The rail and
stile cutter set I have cuts a groove expecting 7/32" (actual thickness)
plywood. This will come as a surprise to very few people, but the 1/4"

ply
is well short of 7/32". I can think of some ways to keep the panel from
rattling around, but I'm curious about how other people deal with this
problem.

An old cabinetmaker's trick is/was twine/string stuffed inside, and all
around, the panel groove.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05