Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
J. Clarke

Default Coffeepot temperature

rigger wrote:

Larry Jaques remembers:

Nader got the Corvair off the road and left much more unstable VW bug

on the road. Great going, Ralph. I'm surprised the insurance companies
haven't responded to that one. VW bugs and buses burn up all the time
WITHOUT an accident causing it, yet 'they' go after the Pinto.

And you would have preferred what?

Actually Nader went after VW too. That was pretty much the end of him--the
Beetle was a cultural icon at the time and everybody figured out that he
was nuts.

Personal note: I'm driving Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and am going
around "dead man's curve" (think they've straightened it out now) in my
1 year old '63 Corvair, and my left rear axle snaps off. This with
about 400# of passangers on-board. Never had that happen with my
"bug". Even had the steering wheel and column unscrew right up into my
hands when I was making a left turn one time. Bug never did that
either.

dennis
in nca

--