Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding
Dave Lyon

Default American Chopper episode got even more reckless

See my other post for more detail. In summary: Pure acetylene at 15-ish
pounds doesn't "burn", a process which does indeed require oxygen.
Instead, it "deflagrates", a process of chemical breakdown that has no
need whatsoever for oxygen to be present in order to happen. (presence
of oxygen may in fact inhibit deflagration in some cases) The only
commonality between the two processes is that they both generate a lot
of heat.

I read your other post. Thanks, very informative. But, I have a question.
If acetylene "defagrates" at around 15 psi, how do they get it into my tank
at 250 psi or more?