Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vass

Default When is a partition not a partition?

wrote in message
ups.com...

Vass wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I normally like to read the Jeff Howwell column in the Telegraph (web
version) but in todays issue he says "British houses have always been
built with timber stud partitions".

My early 70s house has brick or blockwork walls throughout, upstairs
and down. Should these be called something other than partitions, or is
he talking ********?

Yep ********
but while we are on the subject, is it safe to assume partitions that run
in
the direction
of the beams above are not supporting walls ?
is it also safe to assume all upstairs walls with just the loft above are
non supporting (provided there is no obvious roof strut resting upon it)

They could be buttressing a wall that they meet at right angles.

yes of course, silly me
--
Vass