Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

Default Making a "wheel of fortune " prize wheel

In article
Adrian C wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:
In wrote:

I have a pretty good idea of how to build a 24 inch diameter prize
wheel for a party event but to save me cobbling together and some
trial and error.

Does anyone have any free links to sites where they have given you a
cutting guide and or assembly instructions?

No, but have you considered using a bicycle wheel?

Not easy to fix the pegs, I'd have thought.

Light wheels might take a l-o-n-g time waiting for it to stop unless you
gumm up the bearing somehow (without introducing bias in a particular
direction). Need something with some inertia.

Unimpeded, a massive wheel will take longer to stop (assuming that all
the mass is not near the hub), because it stores more kinetic energy at
the same speed. However the rate at which it slows may be varied by
adjusting the spring tension applied to the pointer.