Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.transport
Doctor Drivel

Default 'Steam' powered cars...

"Alistair J Murray" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Alistair J Murray" wrote in message

[...]

Cross-country journeys of more than 300miles mostly.

A Prius will do that no problem and return superb mpg.

But in *far* less comfort.

You should stop making things up.

95% of people in the UK fall in line with the Prius.

Yet 99.9% don't buy one...

Because most have never heard of it....yet.

Even those who've heard of it very, very rarely buy one.

Because of the waiting list.

My current car can transport me and my passengers across continents
without strain at average speeds greater than the Pius's maximum
in complete comfort...

So can the Prius and use les fuel and pollute less. Prius max speed
100mph. You are thick.

On a recent journey through Germany I averaged ~140mph.

You can't here, and shouldn't there either. That is irresponsible on a
public road. You should be locked up.

Averaging over 100mph is not difficult.

My current car can overtake very quickly, and therefore safely, on
SC trunk roads...

So can a Prius.

A Prius does 50-70mph in 7.9s, my car takes 2.5s; much safer.

It isn't safer at all. The safety is in the driver, you are obviously a
poor driver too.

My current car can corner at 1G, reducing wasteful braking...

Prius braking is regen and charges the battery.

Just as well since it has to slow so much for corners.

It goes around corners like it is on rails.

Boy you are dumb...and make things up a lot.