pete brooks

Default Things to see/do in Germany?

Greg Dermer wrote:
Specifically Berlin, Munich or Baden? I'm planning a trip there in October
and am looking for suggestions. I already know about the Deutsches Museum
in Munich: I'm planning on two days for that.

Lucky you. I only had one.

What else should a
metal/gear head see? Besides metal stuff for its own sake, I'm interested in
clocks/timekeeping, astronomy, history of technology, steam, rotating
engines of other sorts, old electrical technology... You know, metal/gear
head stuff ;-)

DM also has an aero arm. Not sure where, precisely.

-- Greg
-- http://www.depmco.com

You'd have to check to see if it's still open, but in Amerang (east-southeast
of Munich) there's a pretty good (I'm told--never was open when I had the time)
car museum. Amerang is south (mostly) of Wasserburg. The local beer is pretty
good. :-)

I was on a consulting gig last year, and on the third trip, three of us went to
the concentration camp/museum at Dachau. Sobering place. Don't plan on doing
something fun later that day.