DoN. Nichols

Default Slick tool for "chip in the eye" syndrome

In article ,
Leo Lichtman wrote:

Jon Anderson wrote: (clip)This is a concave mirror that magnifies, has a
focal distance of approx 2" (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This puzzles me. I take it that you are able to look at your own eyeball
with the mirror 2" away. But, how would a dentist use it? Wouldn't he have
to place his eye 2" from your mouth? I've never seen a dentist do anything
like that. And if my dentist did that, I would be tempted to kiss her on
the lips. :-)

You can tune the viewing-eye-to-mirror distance by changing the
mirror-to-object distance. Same with a lens. Get one of the dental
mirrors (they have other uses, too), and check out the behavior -- don't
just speculate about it.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564