Posted to alt.home.repair
Roger

Default Mineral stain? on crystal vase

"JustDave" wrote in message
.. .
My wife has a Waterford crystal vase in which we keep cut flowers in a
solution of water and the little packets of 'keep fresh' stuff the grocer
includes with the flowers. The vase has developed an inch wide band of
rough feeling, hazy crystal at the water line. I've tried scrubbing,
soaking with vinegar, and soaking for several hours with CLR - all with no
discernable improvement.

There are some lead-crystal cleaning tips at this website:
http://www.mrscleannw.com/tips/cleaning-glass.html Some chemicals will
permanently scar lead crystal, such as waterford, as it is more porous than
standard glass. Let's hope it is not etched from the tablets/powder you put
in with the flowers.