Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark

Default dehumidifier question

Bob wrote:
This might be a really good time to find and read the owners manual.

"p9142" wrote in message
I live in a humid climate, and need to use a dehumidifier even in the
winter. I purchased a 70 pint low temp unit and it does a good job
of taking the moisture out of the air. However, it often shuts off
the fan, but the unit still make noises like it is on (compressor
running?) It is like it has three modes: fan and compressor on, fan
off and compressor on, and all off.

Is this normal operation for a dehumidifier, or is mine defective? I
don't see why the compressor would be running when the fan is off.

When the compressor shuts off, the freon is still under pressure and
will make hissing gurgling noises for a few minutes until the pressure
equalizes.

Mark