Posted to alt.home.repair
Dina

Default Help with Wiring

ok...pretty much a novice with wiring, but have managed to sucessfully
replace several outlets and switches without incident until now....

What I have... in the bathroom... GFI certified outlet and two
switches ...one to vent fan and one to light... they are separate
switches not a double switch. I THOUGHT I put them back exactly as
they were, but apparently not.... The outlet seems to work, but.....
when you plug something in to it with the light on, the overhead light
goes off and the switch has to be reset.

The switches look like this.... one switch has two black wires in
holes in back and then one white wire is connected to the screw on the
outside.... the white wire leads to the other switch only. The second
switch has the aforementioned white wire and one black wire.... ANY
ideas????