Posted to alt.home.repair
BobK207

Default Drinking water system tubing fails

Chill............go easy on the CAPS & the !!!'s

you'll live longer

PEX has been around since the 60's

not "The stuff has only been around a few years."

it been in use in europe since then & the US since the 80's, if the
stuff only lasted 5 or 10 years we'd be hearing a lot of bad press
about it.

I thought we were discusing PEX not "most plastics"

"Formeldahyde is in most plastics, if its not formeldahyde, it's some
other harmful chemical. PVC pipe has formeldahyde. "

I'm not a fan of PVC or CPVC for potable water but PEX is different
animal

I guess you don't eat any food from plastic packaging?

cheers
Bob