Posted to alt.home.repair
zero

Default Flushing furnace boiler? ? ?

On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:39:54 GMT, "TAB Dude" wrote:

You must have a steam boiler and what they are describing is called blowing
it down. The burner does not need to be on for this. You are flushing
debris from the system and making sure your makeup water valve and floats
are working properly. Please have someone come out and check your system
and make sure it is in good shape and show you all the things you are to
check.

TAB Dude

Tab,

FOOTNOTE: In blowing down the float assembly the burner should really
be ON thus verifing the burner circuit will open in a low water
condition.
P.S. FOOTNOTE As soon as the feed water makes and the burner circuit
breaks= blowdown valve goes to closed. * * If the feedwater does not
break and burner contacts make in a timely fashion and closely
tracking with the water gauge glass, this indicates the lower
equilizer line has a blockage and needs to be investigated ASAP.

You probably know this, however I thought I'd throw it out here for
others reading, too.

-zero